What is a Debit Card?
A debit card is a simple payment system, that has served customers offline for a number of years. You make a payment with existing funds, so that you are never purchasing anything on credit. This means you never owe anything that you are yet to earn and pay back, and you never get yourself into debt. The simple convenience of debit cards and the fact that you are forced to stay in the black and can’t owe anything on credit makes debit cards a natural fit for online and mobile casinos. You should always investigate as many options as you can before you make your final choice, but debit cards are strong contenders, and they’re the perfect place to start.
How Does it Work?
You’ll need to have an existing debit card account set up with your bank before you use this method at any of our recommended casinos. Once you’ve been approved for this and there is money in the account, you can use it at the casino of your choice immediately. You just need to make your way to the cashier interface, select deposit or withdrawal and then choose your specific bank and account type. The first time you do this you’ll need to take the time to input your personal details, but these are saved and entered with the magic of AutoFill for all future transactions. Then enter in the amount of money that you want to transfer, check that everything is correct, and you’re done! Funds are available in some of the shortest possible clearance times.
What are the Advantages?
- Debit cards are widely accepted, and you will hardly ever find a mobile or online casino that does not recognise these payments.
- Very low transfer fees, and sometimes none at all.
- Recognised SSL encryption, the gold standard in online finance, is used to protect every transaction.
- Very simple to set up and use, since there are no new user names and passwords to remember and no extra accounts to open.
- You may even get exclusive bonuses as incentives for using your debit card to make deposits at online casinos. The establishments often get perks if you do this, so they offer rewards of their own to encourage you.
- You can use debit cards to make deposits and withdrawals at casinos.
What are the Disadvantages?
- You need to enter your personal information online, and this lack of anonymity can be very uncomfortable for some casino players. While this has been linked to theft and fraud, it is now very well-controlled. However, for anxious individuals this could still be a deciding factor.
If you are in a high-rolling mood and you know you’ll be able to pay it back, it can be frustrating to be using a debit card, with imposed limits, rather than a credit card. Considering that this is quite rare, though, that is probably not a completely bad thing! You may need to bear it in mind and choose credit over debit cards on occasion, however.