Elbow River Casino
Telephone: +1 403-289-8880
Address: 218 18 Ave SE Calgary AB T2G 1L1 Canada
The award winning Elbow River casino has been serving Calgary’s gamblers for many years. Its central location in Calgary’s downtown district has made it a very popular venue, not just for gamblers, but also for revellers who are looking to enjoy some great food, drinks with friends or those who simply want to go enjoy some of the multiple live events hosted at Elbow River throughout the year. It is also notable for being part of the famous 17th Avenue retail and entertainment district, which draws both locals and tourists. It may seem inconspicuous when viewed from the outside, but once you step inside the venue, it becomes truly magical. The Elbow River Casino has a great sense of community with a crack team of helpful staff on hand that you can see enjoy their work environment. Elbow River casino is also widely known and respected for their continued work in the local community through its charitable donations and services.
Entertaining And Rewarding Gaming
Elbow River Casino is one of the few Canadian casino venues that offer off track betting, along with a noteworthy annual handicapping contest. There is also a Poker room that specializes in Texas Hold'em Omaha Poker, along with potential progressive jackpot wins with the Bad Beat jackpot that runs at many Gateway Group casinos. There are also promotional poker tournaments for low limit players and the Poker rooms run 24/7 so you will never miss any great action at Elbow River. Gamblers are fully covered when it comes to slots. More than 600 machines service patrons and the slots floor is open from 10 am to 3 am. Players will find penny and dollar slots to enjoy. There is also a great selection of exclusive in house progressive jackpots, multi denominational machines and even local area progressive jackpots that stretch throughout Alberta. Progressive jackpots can rocket to over CA$1 million at Elbow River.
The Mouth Watering Eateries
Naturally, the excellent gaming action hosted at the Elbow will soon have gamblers feeling a little peckish. Fortunately the venue does not leave you with an empty stomach. The great restaurants here manage to cover a wide variety of meal options to delight any and all taste buds.
- Sammy’s – This sports bar features large flat screen TV’s, great drinks and atmosphere along with an all day menu including breakfast, dinner and lunch. It’s the complete package.
- The Jester – The Jester is split into the Jester Deli and the Jester Buffet, both serving the freshest, most delicious food. The interior design of these two venues is striking with a series of gigantic jester masks suspended from the roof.
- Dim Sum – As the name suggests, Dim, Sum produces some of the finest Chinese delicacies you can imagine. The venue operates every weekend between 11 am and 3 pm and always is packed with gamblers and those who love gastronomic delights.
- Hot Pot And Rice Pot – Another specialty restaurant, you will find incredibly hearty and comforting meals here between 4pm and 11pm in the evenings, filling the Asian cuisine gap left by Dim Sum after 3pm.
- Gambling – the huge selection of games and rarely seen off track betting make sure there is something for everyone.
- Entertainment – As well as the varied dining options, there are plenty of different acts that are as exciting as the slots and tables.
- Accommodation – There’s nowhere to stay on-site, so you’ll have to other arrangements.