The Great Blue Heron
Telephone: +1 905 985 4888
Address: 21777 Island Rd Port Perry ON L9L 1B6 Canada
Originally opening its doors in 1997, the Great Blue Heron Casino has seen much renovation and development since its early days. Today, with its striking interior inspired by the venue’s namesake, the Great Blue Heron casino has flourished since its heyday, where it only offered slots and a 650-seat bingo arena. The casino serves the community of Port Perry and the surrounds from its beautiful location on the Scugog Islands. The venue is operated by the non-profit Baagwating Community Association who manage the table games, while the Ontario Lottery And Gaming Corporation manage the slots. The Great Blue Heron manages to keep its roots firmly in First Nation traditions and culture while offering a modern, premium gaming experience. Its unique location adds even more clout to this venues already sterling reputation.
An Excellent Gaming Floor
With a little over 20 000 square feet of space, the gaming area is not massive at the Great Blue Heron, but you can still find all that you are looking for. There are more than 500 slots available at the Great Blue Heron, all which are linked to the special rewards program offered by the venue. Anyone can join the Rapid Rewards Players Club, and membership cards can be claimed at the reception desk in the foyer. Notable slot titles on this casino’s floor include Twin Win, 88 Fortunes, Wizard of Oz and many more exciting games, and the casino regularly updates its games. When it comes to table game options, The Great Blue Heron is no slouch either. 60 different tables are on offer, all served by professional and friendly dealers. The venue is also the location of many exciting Poker tournaments held weekly for some massive cash prizes. The special dedicated poker room areas offer Omaha, Hold’em, Kill and many other poker variants, Players can also take part in the Bad Beat progressive jackpot feature offered at many poker tables that include electronic features. Poker table limits can go as high as CA$200.
When You’re Feeling A Bit Peckish
When it comes to a memorable dining experience, the Great Heron casino delivers in spades. From the striking scenery of the Water’s Edge buffet to the signature Heron Bar, this venue caters to all.
- The Water’s Edge Buffet – The famous All You Can Eat Buffet at the Water’s Edge includes incredible desserts and prime rib.
- The Lucky Stone Bar And Grill – This venue is located just off the gaming area so it’s perfect to grab a quick bite between sessions or to sit down and take it all in with a drink.
- Quickbites - For on the go dining you can grab a sandwich or some baked goodies at Quickbites. They operate 24 hours a day so you will never be caught without something to eat at the Great Blue Heron.
- The Heron Bar – Located on the slot floor, the Heron is the signature venue in this casino. It serves great drinks and it really has a great atmosphere that’s ideal for celebrating a big win!
- Poker tournaments- There’s always a range of games on the go and coming up.
- Slots – Players can enjoy a massive collection of old favourites and new games that are sure to become classics in their own right.
- Size – The casino floor is quite small and can fill up and feel busy very quickly.