In Canada mobile gambling is fast becoming the most popular way to play real money casino games online. Since most players have their smartphone with them at all times, it makes it easier to log on and play when you get the chance. As such, mobile casinos have seen a massive boost with multiple game releases, dedicated apps and loads of online casinos now providing mobile-friendly sites. While each casino endeavours to offer the best games and highest quality software, having the right phone can make all the difference. In Canada, the most popular mobile devices are the iPhone, Samsung and Huawei.We take a look at how each device matches up.
In the world of mobile casino gambling, casino software and apps are either designed for Android devices or for iOS. If you don’t own an Android device, chances are you have an iPhone. The good news for iPhone users is that all top-rated Canadian mobile casinos offer dedicated iOS apps and Apple friendly casinos. The iPhone has always been a top of the range device, equipped with the latest high definition screen, a powerful processor and easy-to-use software. iPhones compete with the top of the range Samsung devices and are considered one of the leaders in the mobile phone industry. The latest iPhone has a much larger screen, plenty of memory for apps and nippy processor that can run even the largest of games. While the price tag might be a bit high, iPhone users have never had to compromise with quality, which is why iPhone is still one of the most popular phones on the market.
Of all the Android smartphone manufactures, Samsung is widely considered to be the best. Samsung produces a wide range of Android phones for every market. Samsung smartphones are perfectly designed to adapt price to quality. They offer a solid range of phones for the mid-level market with decent quality devices, large screens and high quality displays. Their flagship Galaxy S Series is possibly the most advanced range of smartphones on the market. The new Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with a high price but the device is certainly worth its price tag. The S8 features advanced screen technology, a large display, crystal clear graphics, a powerful processor and a long-lasting battery. This is ideal for players who want to play the latest 3D slots in HD without any jitters or lags.
Huawei made a name for themselves producing high quality phones at a low cost-to-feature ratio. Huawei smartphones are ideal for players who don’t want to pay premium prices but still want a powerful phone with the latest features. Over the years, they have been known to produce tough, long-lasting phones with a good battery life, powerful processors and solid software. The Huawei flagship range includes the popular P range with the P9 and the P10 leading the market. Their most powerful device is the P10 plus which features a generous amount of memory, a large HD screen, the latest Android software and long battery life. Huawei devices are ideal for mobile gambling as they all run on Android software and can also be used on flash-based sites.
Pros and Cons of Mobile Gaming
Being able to play anytime and anywhere is the biggest advantage to accessing casinos on your smartphone or tablet. In the past, the quality of mobile games was inferior to their desktop counterparts but with new developments in technology, that is no longer the case.
The only possible disadvantages to mobile gaming are that older games might not be adapted and available in this format, and that you may not have access to as many titles or banking options on tablet and smartphone platforms.
Mobile Phone Gambling Frequently Asked Questions
How safe is mobile phone gambling?
Spending time at casino online mobile phone-optimised sites is generally safe. All connections, information, and transactions are protected by the same state-of-the-art SSL Encryption technology that most online financial institutions use.
Can I use real money for casino online mobile phone gameplay?
Absolutely. Not only will you be able to enjoy slots, table games like Baccarat, Roulette, and Blackjack, and cutting-edge Live Dealer titles, real money bets are possible for all. Depositing and withdrawing on your mobile device is as easy and safe as it is on a desktop.
Do mobile players also get bonuses?
Canadians who enjoy mobile phone gambling get access to the exact same great special offers and changing promotions that their desktop counterparts do. Certain sites even make extra offers available for players on smartphone or tablet.
Do I have to download software?
Thanks to advancements in technology there’s no need to download software in order to play mobile casino games. All leading online casinos are optimised for mobile, and if they offer the option to download an app, it’s an added plus.
Players can choose whether they prefer in browser Instant Play access, or if they’d like to use the app, but downloading software is not essential.
What devices are supported?
This will depend on which casino you want to play at, but most will do the job, including iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Windows devices, and Blackberries.
Are the same number and type of games available on mobile and desktop?
Again, it depends on where you’re playing. Certain sites have exactly the same games available for both platforms, others have slightly more for desktop users.
Canada’s Top 5 Mobile Casinos
- All Slots Casino was established in 2002 and has an average Return to Player percentage of 98%. Along with its generous Welcome Bonus and superior game selection, their years of experience and massive payouts make them one of our highest-recommended mobile casinos. You can download and install the app, or play in your preferred browser on your tablet or smartphone.
- JackpotCity Casino proudly offers its players more than 600 high-quality slots, table, live dealer and other games. As well as world-class entertainment, they offer great bonuses and promotions. In fact, since the site’s launch in 2001, these deals have become legendary. With licences from jurisdictions in Malta and Kahnawake, you can be sure that JackpotCity will keep them that way!
- Spinland Casino is quite a new site, and has been online since 2017. The operator has already built a great reputation, thanks to its impressive customer service and generous bonuses. You can access the full casino in your mobile browser of choice, so no download is required. With games powered by NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Thunderkick, Microgaming and other leading developers, Spinland guarantees a great time.
- River Belle Casino went live in 1997, and recently rebranded itself with an updated look. The site is more easily navigable than ever, and offers Microgaming’s full range of impressive games. The live dealer section is fully powered by world-renowned Evolution Gaming software, and great bonuses augment the payouts. Licensing by the Malta Gaming Authority should give you total peace of mind.
- LeoVegas Casino was first launched in 2012 as a mobile establishment, only adding a desktop platform later, so this team really knows how to look after players who are on the go and offers a very diverse collection of games. You can expect high-definition graphics, perfect functionality and exciting entertainment every time you log into the Malta Gaming Authority-licensed site.